Reference Number JO1000001471FC
Job Type Permanent
Location West Sussex
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join a flourishing manufacturing business based in Crawley, West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to partner with a dedicated Managing Director on the day-to-day running of this SME from a financial standpoint, allowing you to adopt a ‘hands-on’ approach to the production of the company accounts and contribute significantly towards the shape of its promising financial future.
Ideally you will have current experience within an SME, keen to take on a fresh challenge where you can project ideas around process improvement and business change. A great chance to take ownership of your role and run the department in a way you see fit within an organisation that has shown substantial growth year on year.
On offer for you is an enjoyable, vibrant, highly professional working environment, an attractive base salary with bonus structure, extensive benefits including pension, healthcare and generous holiday entitlement.
Interviews are expected to take place in January, however if you feel this is an opportunity for you, please apply today for an initial conversation.
Further duties as Financial Controller include:
- Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for all journals and final GL balances
- Production of statutory accounts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans
- Overseeing the processing of monthly payroll
- Provide support across different departments within the business
We are ideally looking for the following attributes:
- Ideally (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent/QBE)
- Previous experience of working within an SME environment and understanding of business challenges
- A proactive approach and problem solving nature
- Be comfortable with all areas of accounts from processing transactions through to setting strategic agenda
- Have the confidence to liaise with senior management on key business decisions
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted in relation to this vacancy. We do however value your details and will retain them on file to enable our consultants to contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
Byron Recruitment Limited trading as Byron Finance operates as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. Byron Finance is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Byron Finance is a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)